Old 17-11-2003, 12:28 PM
Spider

Default Vine Weevil

Since your vine weevils are active now, I would read that as a perfect
incentive to use a chemical treatment. Check the label on your chemical; it
is just possible that the treatment is less active in cold weather.
Certainly, many biological controls are deactivated in winter.
Spider
Janice wrote in message
I was just out in my garden battening down the hatches for tonight's wind
storm, when I saw a vine weevil on an upturned bucket, nowhere near any
plants. However, I know that where there's one vine weevil there are
probably zillions.

Is it too late in the year now to be applying either chemical or

biological
control? Should I wait until March, or are vine weevil active all year?

Thanks