Old 17-11-2003, 02:42 PM
BenignVanilla

Default The old hole in the ice issue

This will be my first winter so I am dabbling in ideas with keeping a hole
in the ice. Originally, I was going to use a bubbler but I am trying
something different and want some feedback. I have a small filter box full
of filter media and a small, tiny, little pump that sits in side of it. I
have it sitting in some shallows, and with the pump plugged in, it is just
powerful enough to splash water about 2-3 inches into the air. I am thinking
this will do plenty. Any thoughts? Should I take it out of the filter box so
if that freezes, the pump can still get water from the pond?

--
BV.
WebPorgmaster