Old 17-11-2003, 03:02 PM
BenignVanilla

Default How to Buy Koi?

I was wondering how the porgs here select their koi? Now I am talking about
the under $20.00 fish that us real people can afford. *laugh* What I am
getting at here...We bought 4 Koi from a Smart Pet place that I probably
shouldn't mention, and they had Koi in two different sizes, say lik 6
inchers and 3 inchers. The price difference was like double for the larger
models. We opted for the smaller ones, assuming they would grow quickly. We
dumped them into Orange Pond and didn't seem them again for months. Once we
got the water cleared up, we were amazed. Our little Koi, had grown up to be
less little Koi. Now, I think a few are nearly 8-9 inches long judging by
the looks.

So it seems, by small treat well is a good mantra.

Any thoughts?

Post amongst yourselves.

--
BV.