Old 17-11-2003, 05:02 PM
John Hines

Default How to Buy Koi?

"BenignVanilla" wrote:

I was wondering how the porgs here select their koi? Now I am talking about
the under $20.00 fish that us real people can afford. *laugh* What I am
getting at here...We bought 4 Koi from a Smart Pet place that I probably
shouldn't mention, and they had Koi in two different sizes, say lik 6
inchers and 3 inchers. The price difference was like double for the larger
models.

It just buys you another year of growth. It may be easier to see their
coloration when they are larger.

For buying "just plain ole' koi" for the pond, I go for the bright
colorful ones, so that they can be seen.

So I got an white and red koi, and a solid golden one, and a tri color,
red/white/black.

JPOK, that sounds like a good term to add to the porgers dictionary, for
non-show koi.