Old 17-11-2003, 06:02 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Help - Lime Tree

The message m
from Tiger303 contains these words:

bought a lime tree end of summer and its started to flower but never
really developed any fruits due to reduced light.

anyways moved couple of weeks ago and despite being in a room with
greater light levels its dropping leaves every day with some branches
almost bare.

i cut the remaining flowers off to try and help, as i thought this may
b something to do with it as maybe the plant thought it spring after i
bought it for some reason. i have feed & misted the plant very week but
this doesn't seemed to have helped.

your help is much appreciated as its looking very sorry next to my year
old and healthly lemon tree.

I haven't pampered my 6 months old grown-from pips lemon trees at all.
They don't get misted and are rarely fed. At present they are just kept
slightly moist. The largest is twenty-six inches high, and all are
strong and healthy.

From the look of them, they are evergreen? If so, I don't know what the
problem is, but I don't think you'd be doing any harm (at this time of
year) if you removed it from its pot and checked for pests in the
soil/peat.

--
Rusty Hinge http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm

Dark thoughts about the Wumpus concerto played with piano,
iron bar and two sledge hammers. (Wumpus, 15/11/03)