Old 17-11-2003, 08:02 PM
Grandpa

Default Starting Bamboo

Thanks everyone for your responses. Looks like we have a lot to learn
about bamboo, I'd no idea there were so many different varieties so its
off the the library, nursery and good old reliable Google.

Grandpa wrote:
I'm in Albuquerque, NM - Zone 7. Wife wants a bamboo tree(s), clump,
bush, whatever term you'd like to apply. She got a single cutting from
one and wants to start it growing but neither of us know anything about
them. Will they start rooting if left in water like many other plant &
tree cuttings do or do they require special treatment?