Old 17-11-2003, 10:27 PM
Boots Crofoot

Default Leaf Problem - your suggestions needed.

I hope you are not cutting the trees cause you don't want
to be bothered with the leaves?
"Frank K." wrote in message
I have a vacuum trailer I tow behind my garden
tractor/mower. It does a
fantastic job. I built it myself. It holds 44 bushels and
just needs to be
emptied once when mowing my 1 acre. The hose connects to the
mower deck. If
the leaves are dry, it will chew them up into pieces smaller
than 1 inch
square.

"sjohnsen" wrote in message
My east Tennessee yard is 1 1/2 acres with too many oak

trees. Nice in
the
summer but hell in the fall due to all the leaves.
I have tried mowing them up but oak leaves don't fragment

/ mow up all
that
well. I've worked myself to near exhaustion raking,

blowing and loading
onto tarps and hauling to the back of the property.

So my question is what is the best way or best equipment

to use to take
care
of lots of leaves?

I try to cut 1 or 2 oaks a year but the problem is severe.

Thanks!
Under the leaves in Tennessee.....