Old 17-11-2003, 10:33 PM
Mogweed

Default Pump stand

"Simon Avery" wrote in message
"Mogweed" wrote:

Hello Mogweed

M I know that you should stand the pump on something to
M (hopefully) keep it out of the silt and the most common
M thing for this purpose seems to be bricks. Well, I haven't
M got any bricks to hand but I have got a couple
M of breezeblocks; are these safe to use? Are there any
M chemicals that could leech out or any other reason why I
M shouldn't use them? Or should I just get a couple of bricks?

It's fine, as long as it's not some fancy type of block with bonded
insulation. (You probably have concrete block, not breeze block - the
latter's much lighter and releases bubbles for half an hour after you
submerge it)

Anyway, it doesn't matter what you use as long as it keeps the pump
off the floor 2 or more inches and is fairly stable.

Thanks very much for that Simon. I can now rest easy and chuck my blocks in
tomorrow.

Cheers,

Mogweed
--
No trees were cut down or harmed in the sending of this message. A lot of
electrons were, however, severely inconvenienced.