Old 17-11-2003, 10:34 PM
hermine stover

Default Bambusa Oldhami growth rate?

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 18:45:56 GMT, Rus Sheptak
wrote:

I planted a 5 gallon Bambusa Oldhami here in northern california about a year and a half ago. So far this year I've had 5 1 inch diameter culms (about 20 feet tall when leafing out) , two of them in the last week. The plant certainly seems happy. This

is more vigorous growth than I expected. Any idea of what I can expect next year?

rus

How far north? it is really a tropical bamboo, but it does make do by
growing smaller as the growing season gets shorter and the
temperatures are lower. Orange County, CA, we grew it to about 50
feet, but it was not as thick as the oldhamii grown in the Miami, Fl
area. It shoots in our autumn. Parts of your post were apparently
missing, at this end.