Old 17-11-2003, 11:02 PM
Rus Sheptak

Default Bambusa Oldhami growth rate?

hermine stover wrote:

How far north? it is really a tropical bamboo, but it does make do by
growing smaller as the growing season gets shorter and the
temperatures are lower. Orange County, CA, we grew it to about 50
feet, but it was not as thick as the oldhamii grown in the Miami, Fl
area. It shoots in our autumn.

Thanks for the info. I'm just north of San Francisco, in Contra Costa Couny. We get one or two frosts a year, on average. Its good to know its supposed to shoot in the autumn. Mine's been putting them up sporadically since spring, but recently I've not
iced multiples, which sounds like it behaving normally..

Parts of your post were apparently
missing, at this end.

You quoted the whole post...what seemed missing?