Old 17-11-2003, 11:32 PM
Simon Avery

Default Tiny worm things...

Pet wrote:

Hello Pet

P Anyway, in order to slow down the flow into the first stage
P rather than water pumping straight out the overflow, I put
P half a dozen filter brushes into the chamber. This worked
P fine, but now there are tiny wiggly worms about 2" long and
P perhaps the thickness of a couple of hairs. (red in colour)
P Are they a sign of something going wrong, will they endanger
P the fish, should I remove the brushes as they seem to thrive
P in the bristles.

Sound like midge larvae. Won't harm your fish, but if they get washed
into the pond they might make 'em fatter.