Old 18-11-2003, 01:02 AM
Mike Patterson

Default Pump stand

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 11:53:12 +0000 (UTC), "Mogweed"
wrote:

I know that you should stand the pump on something to (hopefully) keep it
out of the silt and the most common thing for this purpose seems to be
bricks. Well, I haven't got any bricks to hand but I have got a couple of
breezeblocks; are these safe to use? Are there any chemicals that could
leech out or any other reason why I shouldn't use them? Or should I just get
a couple of bricks?

Cheers,

Mogweed.

I have my pump inside a black plastic bucket with porous landscaping
fabric wrapped over the top.

1. Bucket keeps pump out of the muck
2. If the plumbing outside the pond were to fail, the pond could only
empty out to the level of the top of the bucket, thus leaving the pond
at least 12" deep or so, no gasping fish.
3. The fabric keeps small fish from being sucked into the pump.

Works for me, so far.

Mike
Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.

The question isn't "are there weapons of mass destruction?",
the question is "who has them now?"

http://www.strategypage.com/iraqwar/...ny/default.asp
http://www.strategypage.com/iraqwar/iraqweaponsgap.asp