Old 18-11-2003, 08:32 AM
Nick Maclaren

Default Garden Backpack Blowers advice

In article ,
Janet Tweedy writes:
| In article , Richard Kerry
| writes
|
| I have been told it's best to go for a blower and not a shred and vac type
| blower......
|
| Why? I was thinking of getting a vacuum and would be interested to know
| why the larger ones wouldn't be better than blowing the leaves around.

Well, having seen blowers used in parks etc., I shall stick with
a rake! It is quicker, cheaper and needs less storage space.
Except for people with serious back problems, I can't see the
objection to a decent rake, even relative to a garden vaccum, but
I agree that they are relatively hard on backs.

I can't imagine any blower capable of handling wet leaves that
wouldn't blow loose soil into the air and damage plants. If one
can't handle wet leaves, then it is of pretty restrictive use in
the UK!

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.