Old 18-11-2003, 09:12 AM
martin

Default Garden Backpack Blowers advice

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 22:34:05 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , Richard Kerry
writes

I have been told it's best to go for a blower and not a shred and vac

type
blower......

Why? I was thinking of getting a vacuum and would be interested to know
why the larger ones wouldn't be better than blowing the leaves around.

If they are small enough to be portable, you spend most of your time
emptying them somewhere.
It is much easier to blow the leaves into a convenient heap and then pick
them up with a plastic snow shovel.

It's what the contractors employed by the local authority did. For
some reason they did it two or three weeks ago and they haven't been
back for the rest of the leaves, most of which were still attached to
trees at the time they blew and shovelled up the leaves.
--
Martin