Old 18-11-2003, 10:02 AM
TU

Default dracula vampira

Just checked my records, it took 8 months from the time I bought it to
spike and a further 3 months to bloom. I believe the time varies
depending on your growing conditions.
The nursery where I bought it from potted it in sphagnum moss but I
changed it to bark in wooden basket and it seems to do well since. One
thing about Dracula vampira is that the flower spikes either grow on
or into the surface of the potting mix, so if grown in normal plastic
pot some spikes may never show up. They're of the same size as the
roots, but sort of brownish in colour.

agnatha3141 wrote in message ws.com...

thank you so much for the info, and i am just going to wait it out with
the vampira how long did yours take to bloom after you got it?