Old 18-11-2003, 04:02 PM
K Barrett

Default Greenhouse ideas?

"Rob Halgren" wrote in message
Since you are in the great white north, you might want to build a

solid, insulated north wall.

I might suggest a close look at double wall polycarb panels
considering the great white north location, bwdik. I can highly
recomend the polycarb panels.

bb

Actually I was planning on using my 30x40' pole barn as a north
wall. So that is covered. Not insulated, but I may add some thermal
mass to it. I'd just as soon use triple wall as anything else, but I
may go with inflated poly. Somebody told me that inflated poly has an
R-value better than the walls of most houses up here. My main concern
is heat. Has anybody used a hot water system?

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit

Ken Meier has an inflatable GH in N Virginia that tolerates snow loads.
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/3297/GRNHOUSE.html

Its definitely cheaper than triplewall poly. If you know someone in the
trades you can get triplewall rather cheaply, like 2.00 a square foot, but
usually it retails for a TON of $$ You can also avoid crating and other
shipping charges.

Many of the judges here use a hot water system. But Any part of Claifornia
doesn't get as cold as your neck of the woods. So I'll not comment on them.

K Barrett