Old 18-11-2003, 05:12 PM
White Monkey

Default When to water these phal's?

I dont know if this helps, but when i have phals that have gone
through rotting problems,

Thanks for your help!

i take them completely out of the old mix,
rinse them off

OK, I did that part!

and spray them with a fungicide that i got at the
local hardware store.

I was raised by an organic gardener... I try to avoid fungicides and things,
but will use them if necessary. These roots were all nice and firm and green
and white after the removal of totally dead ones, so I hope this won't cause
me a problem.

because i dont want to add them to completely
dry sphagnum, then i spray the mix with distilled water, which helps
water down the abrasiveness of the fungicide as well as keeping the
roots moist.

Bark seems to be the norm here. It's what they all came in (except the poor
miltonia in its styrofoam chunks), and it's what they have as the only
available orchid medium I could find to buy. These fellas were repotted into
dry bark medium... they're not drooping or anything. Should I try just
misting the surface of the medium heavily or something, do you think, or
water them lightly, or let them sit a few days?

Thanks again,

Katrina

---