Old 18-11-2003, 06:42 PM
dalecochoy

Default [IBC] Yard setup???

Nic,
If interested there are some shots of my garden on my pages. Zone 5 BTW.
What is yours there?
But, Jims thoughts on wheelchair accessibility are certainly ( I'm sure) in
your mind. I'm picturing something like a "keyhole" shaped patio block track
wider than chair with a "turn around" at the end and a work bench with
turntable in the middle of the turn-around.. That would be fairly cheap to
have built. Rows of trees benches on both sides of walk. Then, at each end
of walk a hose spigot on a post ( hose underground) with a fairly short
hose section with quick-disconnects for each end ( or , just two short
hoses) but the idea is to keep them short sections as to help keep them out
of your way. I cannot recommend watering systems. Some people swear by them,
but, I want to actually LOOK AT the trees every time I water.
You might even consider a covered tool box of some sort maybe midway down
benches so they are protected and you don't need to haul them around..
This could all be pretty close to house and not much room. I like to keep
shady/ partial shady benches about 1/2 the day.
Not a good idea to have stuff in front of house. Thieves! Any fencing in
yard?
Regards,
Dale Cochoy, Wild Things Bonsai Studio, Hartville, Ohio
http://www.WildThingsBonsai.Com
Specializing in power wood carving tools.
Yakimono no Kokoro bonsai pottery of hand-built stoneware