Old 18-11-2003, 08:02 PM
Wendy

Default Greenhouse ideas?

Ok, I am getting serious now! Curious about the steam for heating?
Would you use electricity to heat the water?
I often wonder what the guys use in snowbound winters.?
However you will probably save money if you have been using indoor lights
no?
You will need some kind of backup source as well preferably automatic.
If I was able to start over, I would have a very high greenhouse for my
Vandas & such
which then in turn make it shadier of other plants.
I like a concrete floor as opposed to pea gravel & bricks etc. (easier
to keep clean)
Also don't forget a drain & an indoor tap?
The treated subsill 2x4's are good for above the foundation. Snails &
slugs don't like it.
I like the clear polycarb, my kit came with opaque stuff for the roof.
Not sure how hot you get in your neck of the woods but places or spots
for fans &
vents etc.
Browse through Charlies web site or catalog he has some instructions on
postion of
the green house for sunlight, also size fans need for cfm's etc.,
also will give you some idea on what you need for
maintaining. But better prices are available.
This must be so exciting for you Rob, I remember the feeling well.
Good luck
--
Cheers Wendy
Remove PETERPAN for email reply

"Rob Halgren" wrote in message
Wendy wrote:

Here you go Rob, my idea of a greenhouse.
http://www.palmhouse.org.uk/

Somehow I think this is substantially more than the tractor would have
cost... It would be nice though.

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit