Old 18-11-2003, 09:40 PM
agnatha3141 agnatha3141 is offline
Registered User

Location: florida, usa
Default the ghost orchid

Quote:
Originally posted by Geir Harris Hedemark
agnatha3141 writes:
just for kicks, and it says that these orchids are off limits for
cultivation. is this true?

No. I have seven specimens three meters away that were unflasked in
august.

They are not growing, though. Damn and blast. Seems like I have killed
them off. How can I tell? They still look like firm green spaghetti.

Geir
i do not profess to know anything about these orchids but what i do know is that they are native to florida swamps. i have been to the everglades where they allegedly come from, and it is moderately dark extremely moist and hot. i dont know how much you know about them, and it is probably more than i do, but it always helps me to know where an orchid comes from. good luck with them.