Old 18-11-2003, 11:12 PM
Bill R

Default source for bulbs

John McGaw wrote:

"Late" is relative. I routinely wait until November-December to plant bulbs
in Eastern Tennessee which allows be to buy whatever is left on the shelves
at 50-75% off of October prices. Sure I come up with some strange stuff but
if I'm just looking for something to naturalize it doesn't matter too much.
Just got done planting crocuses and daffodils yesterday and mulching the
beds this morning...

I, too, like to wait until the spring bulbs are on closeout.
I usually get my "regular" bulbs from Van Engelen (or John
Scheepers) but then I shop for bargains locally. Last week
I found a place that was selling crocus, a pack of 75, for
$3.60. They only had 7 packs left so I bought them all. I
also picked up some really nice parrot tulips. So far this
year I have planted about 900 bulbs and still have all the
crocus left to plant. I should get them all planted this
weekend unless I buy some more bulbs.
--
Bill R.

Remove No-Junk-Mail- in e-mail address to reply by e-mail