Old 19-11-2003, 12:02 AM
Ann

Default miniature gardens

animaux expounded:

That's the thing. I could never knowingly throw crickets in there to be eaten.
I totally enjoy the anoles outdoors. They are everywhere by the hundreds. This
year there was a huge hatch out of all manner of reptiles in the garden. We
had babies forever. I am still seeing tiny babies when I water. So cute. When
it gets cold they are easy to capture, but still I could never feed them
crickets.

The biggest problem with keeping crickets in the house to feed your
reptiles is....they're crickets! They chirp. If they escape, they
can chirp under your bed G. And they don't smell very good,
especially if you've got a few of them. My eldest used to have Chloe,
a little grey spiny lizard, and she (who knows??) ate crickets. What
a pain!

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA