Old 19-11-2003, 05:22 AM
Susan Erickson

Default Greenhouse ideas?

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 22:37:05 -0500, "Ted Byers"
wrote:
Clipped----------------------------------------- a lot.
Ted Byers wrote:

Here is yet another idea to consider. In thinking about using water to help
with passive heating, it occured to me that there are few materials that
have as high a heat capacity as does water, and at our latitude and with our
winters, humidity is often a problem, so why not kill three birds with one
stone and put in in-ground swimming pool underneath the greenhouse?
Cheers,

Ted

Ted -
One of the fellows who used to grow orchids in a little Colorado
town out NE, had an in ground pool attached to the house. The
pool house became his first gh. Soon outgrown. It is sort of
like trying to tame the jungle so you can have a patio in the
middle. He had wires and hooks and chains to hang baskets or
pots out over the water. He also attached a good sized gh and
had and RO system 17+ years ago.

I wonder what happened to his hobby.

SuE