Old 19-11-2003, 11:02 AM
Ray

Default When to water these phal's?

Until the wounds on the existing roots have healed and the new roots have
begun to grow, it's a good idea to keep the plant warm and VERY humid to
prevent desiccation, barely moistening the medium.

.. . . . . . . . . . .
"White Monkey" wrote in message
m...
I was raised by an organic gardener... I try to avoid fungicides and

things,
but will use them if necessary. These roots were all nice and firm and

green
and white after the removal of totally dead ones, so I hope this won't

cause
me a problem.

You have other options. For example, you can try sprinkling cinnamon on

the
roots after trimming them.

Thanks! These seem to have survived my un-informed re-potting this time,

so
I'll remember this for next time.

Also, sphagnum has some antifungal properties,
so if you can get it, you could use it as the primary potting medium.
HTH
Ted

It is available here, but last time I looked for some I was told that it's
treated with something (maybe to control this problem in the other

thread?)
that can get into the water and affect the plant. This was at a
florist's--maybe it was purely a decorative sort. I have to go down by the
floating flower market next week; I'll see what they have there.

Meanwhile, could someone please give me some advice on when and how much

water these poor things, now that they've been in dry medium for 3+ days?

can't find a lot online and would really like to avoid shocking them anew.
If I haven't heard any suggestions by tomorrow, I'll just give up, water
them, and pray.

Thanks,

Katrina

---