Old 19-11-2003, 11:32 AM
Harvey

Default Cacti, Succulents, and Lithops and Other Exotics

"Shell91" wrote in message
m...
Does anyone know anything about propogating cacti and succulents and

lithops
from seed?

I grew lithops from seed & they grew into sizeable plants in a couple of
years.
Not difficult; dont water until they are starting to wrinkle slightly!
Very sandy gritty compost.

Harvey

I know these plants grow slowly, what I don't know is will I be
watching a pot of dirt sit there for several years before I see anything?
I've got seeds for lithops, semperviums, cacti, and a couple of proteus
varieties. I know the proteus will probably take a few years to bloom but

should see a plant several weeks after planting. If anyone knows of a
newsgroup for desert plants please let me know. Southwestern Bell's
newsgroups are less than complete.

Thanks for any and all help
Shell