Old 19-11-2003, 05:22 PM
Susan Erickson

Default When to water these phal's?

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 11:38:30 GMT, "White Monkey"
wrote:

Thank you! Now, I cannot see the roots that are under the medium, and with
two of these the damage was done only to the bottom-most roots, but with
most plants I know this is a matter of a few days or so... I'll mist them
pretty heavily today, and put them in this old aquarium I use for
climate-controlling when needed, then let them sit until Monday, and see if
I think they could take a bit of water safely then. If they aren't showing
the signs you mention above... I'll keep misting and humidifying until they
do!
Thanks again,
Katrina

Next time Katrina, Soak the bark mix before you pot. Then the
mix will be contributing to the humidity rather than trying to
pull moisture out of the plant. Also if you potted in clay, the
dry pot will pull moisture out of anything it contacts, roots or
bark.

SuE