Old 20-11-2003, 09:12 PM
IAN GARDNER

Default Pump stand

"Mogweed" wrote in message
I know that you should stand the pump on something to (hopefully) keep it
out of the silt and the most common thing for this purpose seems to be
bricks. Well, I haven't got any bricks to hand but I have got a couple of
breezeblocks; are these safe to use? Are there any chemicals that could
leech out or any other reason why I shouldn't use them? Or should I just

get
a couple of bricks?

Cheers,

Mogweed.

Some people will say that it is ok to use them. I wouldn`t. I would have
more faith in a couple of bricks. Proberly 50 pence from a builders
merchants or a demolision site. Any body got a skip near you?
Protect the bit of the brick that touches the pond liner. Bricks can have
sharp edges. I had some bits of pond liner left over and I wrapped the
bricks in it!

--
IAN. P. GARDNER
ISLE OF WIGHT