Old 21-11-2003, 01:22 AM
Françoise

Default blowers

Good for you. Good for your hears as well. Apparently there is a permanen=
diminution of hearing for the user with each hour of use of a gas blower.=

Fran=E7oise.

Spud Demon wrote:

"According to the Lung Association, a leaf blower causes as much smo=

g as
17
cars . "

Because it's a 2-stroke engine, of course.

My gas leaf blower recently expired (possibly prematurely). I went to =

Despot to look at new ones, and all of them had "engine life 100 hours"=

on
the price tag. Screw that!

Now I use my mulching mower to chop up the leaves. I also bought a Sho=

p-vac
that came with a blower attachment, which I use to clear off the sidewa=

lk.
The electric Shop-vac is cheaper, quieter, more versatile, more robust,=

and
easier to start than a gas blower.

-- spud_demon -at- thundermaker.net
The above may not (yet) represent the opinions of my employer.