Old 21-11-2003, 02:48 AM
pete

Default Test

"Fran" wrote in message
u...

I read your post at google about the hardships caused by the drought and

how
the goats had gone. Sorry to hear it and that you are now a horse slave
(been there done that!). Hope things are on the improve rain wise.

It's been a bugger of a year really Fran but thats what makes this land of
drought and flooding rains so interesting.

We went over your way recently (spent 2 hours in the Hills and then turned
round and drove right back here dragging an old Series 1) and the Hay

Plains
were looking simply glooooorrrriouuus. Never seen so much feed or

lushness,
but I'll bet it's all hayed off by now.

The Hills properties looked great (thats where most of the hoss rides are)
they always seem to get the best rain and the best sunshine ... maybe a case
of the grass is always greener eh .... but it is I tells ya..

Everything is crunchy dry here now though, we've had a bit of everything
cold, heat, humidity, high winds .. you name it, the ground has dried so
quickly, I just get through telling folks it's raining and it gets hot and
dry ... or that it's hot... and the temp dives again so I should have kept
my gob shut about the place coping with the lack of water cos it isn't just
at this very nanosecond .... ok it's changed already .....

Good to see ya back Fran ........ now where did ya put Janet?

Pete

---