Old 21-11-2003, 04:02 AM

Default Surprised owner of an orchid

When the ancient war dogs did battle on 17 Nov 2003 21:03:42 +0100,
Geir Harris Hedemark did speak the following bit of
wisdom:

(Sue Mack) writes:
in the living room. It grows a new pair of big green leathery leaves
each year, and the leaves have brown seed-like bumps on the bottom, and
a few brown bumps on the top of the leaves (and I wonder if those are
seeds). It summers on the morning side of my screened porch. When I

Sounds strange to me. Flowers are usually where you will find
seeds. That is more or less what they are for.

I agree with Geir here. Something sounds strange. Does your plant ever
flower or does it just grow new leaves every year? The way you talked
about leaves having "brown seed-like bumps" on them almost make me
want to think of the fern family. Or possibly some type of Cycad?

At any rate, no matter what it is, I'd think that after 5 years, it
might appreciate being repotted into some fresh medium. HTH...

* * * * *
Karen C.
Southern CT / USDA Zone 6
Spammers be damned! I can't be emailed from this account...

"Gardeners know all the best dirt!"