Old 21-11-2003, 05:32 AM
Sherwin Dubren

Default blowers

I wonder if leaf blowers are legal in the countries that export them to
us, like Japan. We can also thank them for the noisy motor scooters,
water scooters, trail bikes, etc. That is the American way: you build
them, we will use them. It's time to pass national legislation to
curtail
these noise and pollution monsters. I read recently that the rangers in
Yellowstone have resorted to wearing face masks in Winter because of the
clouds of polluted air from the snowmobiler's. Our homes and our places
of recreation are fair targets for all these idiots.

Sherwin Dubren

Phisherman wrote:

Anyone comment on gas-powered blowers? I'm thinking about getting one
for leaf pickup, and more importantly, to clean driveways and streets
from grass clippings. Any comments on Stihl blowers?