Old 21-11-2003, 06:12 AM
Bolero

Default Going to fist Orchid Show- need suggestions!!

Hmmmmmmm if this is your first show........then it might be a good idea not
to go........I mean you will definately buy more than you plan
too.........then you will get them home and won't know what to do.

One thing I will suggest is that if you buy plants that have already
flowered then there might be a good reason why the seller is gettting rid of
them. For instance the flower quality or colour may be poor.

I always suggest only buying unflowered seedling or compots or flasks if
possible.

Seedlings in your situation would be the way to go.

"TShnnn" wrote in message
This weekend near my house is an Orchid Show. It is an AOS show for the
state at a local mall.
I was thinking maybe I should get there early the first day- to get a
selection of the best orchids, then return on the last day- maybe for
some bargains from people who still have some left.
I have been collecting for a couple of years and have 20-30 orchids. I
grow them under a 400 watt MH in my basement, and let them bloom in a
bow window in my living room. I want to buy a few nice additions this
weekend.
Any suggestions for a first timer would be greatly appreciated!