Old 21-11-2003, 08:24 AM
hermine stover

Default Tree fern (Dicksonia antarctica) - overwintering?

On 20 Nov 2003 13:33:59 -0800, (Bob
Carlile) wrote:

I purchased a tree fern this past spring and it is planted in a pot.
It did quite well during the summer growing about 6-8 inches. This
winter, should I move the pot indoors or leave in a covered terrace
area? The terrace is protected overhead and enclosed on 3 sides,
leaving only 1 side open to the elements. I live in Memphis,
Tennessee, which I believe to be in zone 7b (5 to 10 F / -12.3 to
-14.9 C).

for ME these have always behaved like semi-tender greenhouse subjects
and anything like prologed temps below fifties has NOT had a good
effect on the plant. this is MY own experience, regardless of what the
books say.

hermine