Old 21-11-2003, 09:12 AM
Tamarix

Default Protecting my plants for the winter.

Hi,

Evergreen trees will need sunlight whereas deciduous won't (as soon as
leaves are gone)

Franck

"Dave" a écrit dans le message de
m...
I live in Sunset zone 43. Pretty cold here.

My question is basically this:

When storing my trees for the winter, will I need to provide them with
sunlight as well? They will be dormant and not growing, but do they
need to see daily sun?

The winters get pretty damn cold round here, and up until mid-late dec
im sure I can keep them in the greenhouse or something. After that,
till march, its pretty damn cold, and I'm not sure if the little
greenhouse will keep them from damage. I was thinking of covering
them in a shelter with a blanket or something in the garage during
these periods, but of course they wont see any light.

Please advise,

Dave