Old 21-11-2003, 11:22 AM
sneff

Default Going to fist Orchid Show- need suggestions!!

--SNIP

2. If you fall in love with a plant, _pick it up and buy it_. I can't

tell
you how many times people have come back for a plant they saw on my tables
earlier in a show, only to find it gone.

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

http://www.jborchids.com

Kenni,

I could not agree with you more.

TS, this would have to be one of the biggest traps for the new show visitor.
The overwhelmingly large layout of plants can be disorientating, and when
you see a plant you like, the first thought that pops into the neophyte show
buyer's head is; "Gosh, there must be even *better* plants at the next
table."

Do Not do this. Grab the plant *when* you first see it, as you can be sure
it will be gone when you pass by the table an hour later. This has happened
to me more times than I would care to mention.

Some vendors will give you a small grace period, putting aside a plant for
15 minutes or so while you have a look around, but then again, some (quite
fairly) will not do this. You can only ask.

The moral - if you love it - grab it then and there, for the disappointment
of losing that gem isn't worth the heartache.

Best, Matthew.