Old 21-11-2003, 11:42 AM
Daniel Hanna

Default mislabelled roses was New photos online

In Kirra wrote:
The last thing the garden needs is another pink rose
(how we ended with so many when we all like bright colours I'll never
know). Given the number of pale pink roses in commerce out there, I'm
not confident that we'll ever find out what it really is.

Well, there are more pinks than any other colour of rose, so unless it
has some distinct fragrance I doubt you'd ever find out.

It was the same when I bought my current house back in 97. They had 4
rose bushes there, without labels. Two were superb, so I kept them. By
observing other bushes with labels and doing a lot of research (
including smelling them!) I worked out that the bushes were Chrysler
Imperial and Elina.

This latest buff/yellow rose is a mystery. It's a nice strong bush with
thick stems, and the blooms are long lasting and quartered (almost
square) when fully open. Stuffed full of petals. One moderately
fragrant bloom per stem.

The infuriating thing is that I'd be tempted to keep it if only I knew
what it was! Does the above description ring any bells out there?