Old 21-11-2003, 03:02 PM
Vox Humana

Default Another English Ivy Question

"Shell91" wrote in message
y.com...
The English Ivy that ate my back yard and half the neighbor's yard started
as a little brown stick my dad thought was dead and threw in a very shady
corner in the back yard. Unfortunately right by the power line pole. It

is
a nice shady and damp area. English Ivy will grow anywhere, usually where
you don't want it in my experience, even when you think it's dead.

Shell

I had a small blue spruce topiary growing in a large pot with some English
ivy at the base. The spruce needed to be transplanted because it outgrew
the container. I removed all the ivy I could, hacking it down to the roots.
Six months later, I found it growing in the area where I transplanted the
spruce. I had been checking all summer to make sure I got it all. It's
very hearty stuff!!!