Old 21-11-2003, 03:04 PM
Vox Humana

Default English ivy eaten by deer

"Phisherman" wrote in message
I used plastic berry netting over my English ivy area, held up by 2'
stakes. The deer ate every bit of ivy except the area protected by
the netting. I've tried blood meal, mothballs, tobacco tea, rotten
eggs, Irish spring, and fish emulsion without much success.

I have some on a hillside and I used to have some in pots. The deer don't
bother mine until the very end of winter when food is very scarce. Even
when they do eat it, it always recovers. Considering all the complaints
about EI being invasive, I think the deer may actually be keeping mine under
control.