Old 21-11-2003, 04:59 PM
Layne Layne is offline
Registered User

Default New tank: water still not cloudy in 6 days...bad?

That's alot of bubbles in a 29g, I too had a curtain, eventually took it out.. aesthetics...

Yeah, I love bubbles except the noise of the pump, not the bubbles. As I have goldfish in now, I guess more aeration is better.
=======================
Lightly planted, 2-3 small plant.

1 Anubias barteri (spade-like leave, slow growth, tolerate low light)
2 Ophiopogon japonicus 'Kyoto Dwarf'(slow growth, medium light)[/color]

Think about some crypts, wenditti, red/green, and others.. they'll be a nice contrast color against the green... Anachris, Horwort, MoneyWort, Wisteria, Sunset Hygro, many others.

Thanks for the suggestions. Will dig into LFS see what they got...hoho...except I don't intend to keep it planted intensely for now because of the lighting, lack of CO2 and inexperienced me.

Tend to use low-medium light and don't use a top-cover, instead a mesh
to keep air circulated.

That's certainly interesting.... where are your lights and how much lighting do you have???

one 60w incandescent bulb of floor lamp and one 20w Fluorescent light hanging over the tank above the mesh (come later)

As of algae eater, Yeah, I don't intend to get Pleco so I'm now still thinking what should I get. I heard that "Chinese butterfly fish" is a very good algae eater and stays small. But...it's cold water riverband fish.

Slow-growing plant tend to have algae over leaves under low light? I will have to go deep into this later then. So far, no algae in sight, yet.

Thanks for your reply.