Old 21-11-2003, 05:12 PM
Ric

Default How does one kill plants?

"CW" wrote in message
om...
uk.rec.gardening , aussie gal ,

Hello everyone, never posted here before but I sure hope I can get some
help.

I have a patch in my garden which I would dearly like to kill everything
off--plants, shrubs and grass--since I will be placing clay bricks in
this position in 2 months. Can anyone tell me what chemical/s I could
use to permanently kill every living plant in this area?

I'm only really lurking in this newsgroup as I know jack shit about
gardening - but when I had a problem with weeds outside my garage I
poured some petrol over them and they didnt come back for about a year .

The answer to the question by aussie gal reminds me of that scene in Muriels
Wedding where after years of nagging by his mum to mow the back yard, the
layabout son pours petrol all over it and torches it.