Old 21-11-2003, 05:40 PM
Larry Stoter

Default How does one kill plants?

aussie gal wrote:

Hello everyone, never posted here before but I sure hope I can get some
help.

I have a patch in my garden which I would dearly like to kill everything
off--plants, shrubs and grass--since I will be placing clay bricks in
this position in 2 months. Can anyone tell me what chemical/s I could
use to permanently kill every living plant in this area?

Many thanks in advance.

PS I've tried salt, it has worked but not as well as I had hoped for.
Weed killer has also worked on the smallish plants and grasses, but the
bigger plants seem to be resisting it.

I've never tried it but ...

Bearing in mind that Coca Cola strips oil stains from concrete, cleans
up corroded metal, brings coins back to mint-like condition, and has the
added advantage of being cheap and safe (well, you can drink it by the
gallon with minimal short term problems), I'd try pouring Coca Cola all
over it. Probably best to do it when the ground is fairly dry and there
is no rain expected for a while.

And I am being serious - if you give it a try, I'd love to know if it
works.
--
Larry Stoter