Old 21-11-2003, 06:11 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Cannabis Growing

In article ,
Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
The message
from martin contains these words:

It has emerged that teenage smokers of cannabis can contract a type of
dementia. (IIRC, You And Yours, BBC R4 - was this week, I think, so
ought to be extant on their wibble)

Millions die from smoking tobacco without ever reaching the age for
senile dementia.

The word senile wasn't mentioned. Cannabis dementia can set in during
late teens.

Well, anti-cannabis dementia certainly can. Do you know the story of
the boy who cried "wolf"?

While it is POSSIBLE that such a thing can happen, I am thoroughly
disinclined to believe ANY anti-cannabis story dreamt up by either
the political or the medical establishment. I have heard just too
many of them that have proved to be more-or-less complete nonsense.
If any independent evidence emerges, it might be worth listening to,
but I can no longer be bothered even to check if that counts as
independent. No, I don't smoke it.

For comparison, food additive dementia hit at weaning, and affected
about 2% of children, but that was not regarded as serious enough
to take action by our Lords and Masters. Thank God for the EU.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.