Old 21-11-2003, 07:05 PM
Shell91

Default How does one kill plants?

Hmmm...One of the fastest ways I know of is let me come and try to keep the
plants alive.

But seriously, if there are large bushes or even small trees one of the best
ways is to dig them out and then when you lay the bricks put down mortar
instead of just sand. This should keep anything from coming up in the
spaces between the bricks.

Shell

"aussie gal" wrote in message
Hello everyone, never posted here before but I sure hope I can get some
help.

I have a patch in my garden which I would dearly like to kill everything
off--plants, shrubs and grass--since I will be placing clay bricks in
this position in 2 months. Can anyone tell me what chemical/s I could
use to permanently kill every living plant in this area?

Many thanks in advance.

PS I've tried salt, it has worked but not as well as I had hoped for.
Weed killer has also worked on the smallish plants and grasses, but the
bigger plants seem to be resisting it.