Old 22-11-2003, 02:04 AM
Shepherd

Default blowers

"Warren" wrote in message
news:3VEtb.165408$ao4.538609@attbi_s51...
Phisherman wrote:
Anyone comment on gas-powered blowers? I'm thinking about getting one
for leaf pickup, and more importantly, to clean driveways and streets
from grass clippings. Any comments on Stihl blowers?

For leaf pick-up, a yard vac with a pick-up tube will work much better
than a blower-vac that's light enough to carry. And if you're not going
to vac them up, a rake is twice as fast as blowing them. For cleaning
grass clippings off of the pavement, what's the matter with a broom? A
broom is faster, too.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
Blatant Plug: Celebrate Christmas with The Simpsons
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/simpsons.html

Spoken just like a pre-teen, urban, apartment dweller.
A dumb one too.

Shepherd