Old 22-11-2003, 02:09 AM
LizR

Default Rosemary pruning Q

On 20 Nov 2003 23:32:00 GMT, ojunk (GoldDustRhiannon) wrote:

I have an old and sprawling rosemary which needs a serious chop. How much can I
take off without killing it?

Thanks )
Lorraine

I'm a newbie gardener, and not the most green fingered. We bought a little rosemary a
couple of years ago and it grew like wildfire. Last year I took a cutting or 2,
dipped the end in rooting hormone and potted it up. The one I planted is now a couple
of feet tall and looks like a proper bush. This year I took lots of cuttings. We will
be having rosemary in the front garden too (to mend a hedge my neighbour tonsured)
and pretty much the whole street will have their own plant. This stuff is easy peasy!
And the weeds don't like it either:-)

On the downside... we had roofers and scaffolding at the beginning of the year and I
had to basically cut the houseward side of the bush right off. It's still lopsided,
but thriving.

hth

Liz