Old 22-11-2003, 03:02 AM
Pam Rudd

Default Indoor aphid control?

When last we left our heros, on Thu, 20 Nov 2003 12:14:19 -0800,
"David Auker" scribbled:

I brought some sweet pepper plants inside for the winter, and they have
quite a zillion aphids enjoying themselves right now. I hosed and doused
with soapy water. I'm going to try dabbing leaves/stems with diluted
rubbing alcohol.

Can you suggest any home remedies?

Invite a ladybug in for the winter. Don't laugh, I did that last
year when a hibiscus I was over wintering was covered in
aphids. Every now and again she'd wander out of the plant
room and I'd just take her back. One day in March I found her
crawling across the screen door talking trash with another
ladybug on the outside, so I opened the door and wished her well.

It was fun.

Pam
"ElissaAnn"