Old 22-11-2003, 01:32 PM
Phisherman

Default Holiday(?)/Christmas(?) Cactus

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 06:33:24 -0500, "Donald R. Whalen"
wrote:

This summer I vacationed my cactus on our sunny porch for the first time.
The plant had blossomed a couple of times in the previous year. The leaves
have turned a deep crimson and it does not look happy. It is indoors for the
winter months. I have repotted it and cut back the stalks. Will it survive
or have I killed it?

Don Whalen, Zone 6b, in the Roanoke Valley of Southwestern Virginia.

It is better to transplant/prune Zygocactus at the beginning of the
growing season, in spring. Overwatering can kill it, especially
during the winter. For winter wait until you see a little shriveling
on a leaf to give it a drink.