Old 22-11-2003, 02:22 PM
Jeremy Lunn

Default Platting or Twisting Plants

On 2003-11-20, Wanda wrote:
I've seen around the place various trees or plants with two trunks twisted
around each other, or three platted. I would like to attempt this with my
sapling Bay Tree which stands at about 10cm high & has three trunks growing
from the soil. I'm thinking of removing the smallest & twisting the two
around each other, but don't know whether a Bay would be suitable for this &
don't know how to go about it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Might work except that bay trees sprout so many runners that you may not
see the trunk!

--
Jeremy Lunn
Melbourne, Australia