Old 22-11-2003, 06:02 PM
Shepherd

Default blowers

"Mary Ellen Magoc" magoc at velocity dot net wrote in message
"Phisherman" wrote in message
news
Anyone comment on gas-powered blowers? I'm thinking about getting one
for leaf pickup, and more importantly, to clean driveways and streets
from grass clippings. Any comments on Stihl blowers?

How do you like the air that we breath? The sounds [of nature] that we
hear?

"According to the Lung Association, a leaf blower causes as much smog as
17
cars . "
. . .

. . . "This paints a bleak picture for the power blower. It is perhaps

the
most over and inappropriately used landscape tool . Autumn's tremendous
amounts of organic debris that requires collection might be considered
appropriate use of this tool. However, the weekly routine of blowing

abuses
the soil and damages landscape plants while the noise generated creates

ill
will from neighbors and clients alike. Leaf rakes deserve a renewed

interest
in the maintenance of landscapes."

http://www.nonoise.org/quietnet/cqs/leafblow.htm
Some pretty interesting reading there . . .

Mary Ellen

My car is used about 1000 hours a year. My leaf blower is used less than 10
hours a year.

What's your point?

Shepherd