Old 22-11-2003, 06:02 PM
Navin R. Johnson

Default Please help with fungus? problem

Hello,

I'd appreciate some of your opinions on a serious plant problem. I just
have a few houseplants that are about five years old but they're from my
father-in-inlaws' funeral and I'd like to keep them growing. Overall
they've been very healthy even though I've transplanted to bigger pots
three times. For the past couple of months I've been snipping off a lot
of dead leaves and they're not lookin' good. The problem seems to start
with a few small light-colored spots on the leaves which quickly turn
into darker rusty-colored spots. Shortly thereafter the affected leaves
start to curl and then turn light beige and die. It started with one
plant and seems to have spread to the others. I'm thinking it's some
sort of fungus (rust?) but since they're indoor plants and my three cats
like to nibble on them I don't want to use anything that would hurt
animals. I've used some of the 'Safer' brand products for other problems
but I'm really not sure what to do for this one. Any help or opinions
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx in advance,
NRJ